Thursday, December 5, 2013

FINALLY arrived in Mexico after a LONG hiatus mostly due to my accident during the Race Across America in 2011. My recovery has been a  long and difficult one complicated by the fact that cancer was discovered in my left kidney. I had surgery in October 2012 and all seems well so far. 

I did make a short trip South in 2012 to move the "Dolphin" from Puerto Vallarta to Guaymas  in Spring of 2012.  Our friend Larry went along and after a week or so with a stop in Mazatlan and Topolabumpo.  Once there the boat was dry stored in Marina Guaymas.  I connected with a Mexican fellow named Francisco and he has been working on the boat of the past few years. We had the deck re-done as we had some "soft" spots and Francisco is now working on repainting the bottom and the "topsides"........the side of the boat from the water line up to the railing.  Much work has to be done as the sun has done a good job and it's going to take a lot of work to get the boat ready to "splash"!  

Not sure of our schedule as the work is extensive and will take some time.  I have brought some materials to work on the interior,and some new batteries as I expect the ones on the boat are "kaput"!  


We are staying at the Marina Terra condos right next to the San Carlos Marina where we are planning on putting the boat after the painting is complete. Then we would work on the interior and some necessary deck work.  

As usual I have brought a bike and plan on some riding and Kathy is going to take some walks on the beach and drink Margaritas at the Soggy Peso Bar nearby!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is really good post, I am so interested to know more about blue dolphins. Thank you for sharing this post and keep us up to dated with the proceedings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so sad to read that you had a cancer and you are fighting with it. You are a very courageous women as you are fighting with the most dangerous desease. May you get well soon. Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete